Wednesday 6 August 2014

W.I.P Wednesday - Beginning My Trip Around the World...Quilt

My new project
Remember my project from last week? The half-square triangles that had been sitting around for ages. 
Decisions, decisions.
Well, I'm sorry to say I still haven't found the right design. I've found one I like, but I don't love it. I'm taking a step back and leaving it for a week or two. I find laying out quilt tops a bit like sampling perfume. If you try too many at once, they all mix together and nothing seems quite right. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and try again later. 

In the meantime, I've started working on something I know will look great. Or at least I'm 99% sure...or maybe 98%? I've started it anyway, so it's officially a Work in Progress. 

You will have seen my photos on Facebook and Instagram
The gorgeous range ABC 123 by American Jane for Moda
All my strips cut
Strips sewn and ready for the next step
I'm not going to give away too much as I want it to be a surprise, but, I can tell you it will consist of blocks looking very similar to this one. This is a Trip Around the World block, though my quilt will be a little more scrap-tacular than the traditional Trip quilts. 
Don't you just love the colours?
Now to just sew these ten piles...and then another 31.
This is where I'm at now 
Hopefully this quilt top will be finished in the next week so I can show it off in all it's glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment