Tuesday 22 July 2014

W.I.P Wednesday - Spring Sampler


WIP Wednesday
W.I.P Wednesday
Welcome to the first W.I.P (Work in Progress) Wednesday. I will use these posts to show you projects I'm currently working on. They might inspire you to try something new, show you a technique you haven't used before, or simply provide you with some mid-week light reading. 

Lately I've taken an interest in hand sewing. The main reason for this is that I simply find it easier to do while looking after my darling tornado. It's also portable, so it's great for our weekly visits to see Nanny and Poppy. 

Here is one of my growing number of hand sewing projects. 

Spring Sampler Block of the Month (BOM)
Spring Sampler BOM
Spring Sampler BOM
I signed up for this funky little guy a year or two ago but never actually started. It has a mix of traditional blocks and applique. I thought it would be a great way of learning to hand stitch something other than squares. I mean, if I'm going to be hand stitching the applique, why not the entire quilt? 

I'm really loving the colour and it's a great learning experience.

Block One
Block One: LOVE IT

Block Two
Block Two: Slow going, but nearly there
I'm hoping to have this finished by the end of the year.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how much my stitching improves over the coming months. 

Every now and then I will post progress photos so don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram @sewtodaycleantomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment