Friday 25 July 2014

The Great Craft Room Cleanup: Let's Get Started

You may have guessed already that I'm, perhaps, not the hugest fan of cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I love having a clean and organised home...or at least I'm pretty sure I would love it, if I ever actually had one. It's just that, given the choice, there are about a million things I would rather be doing. 

Needless to say, my craft room is starting to more resemble an episode of Hoarders than the creative haven of bliss we've all seen on Pinterest. The main downside to this, apart from having no clue where anything is, is that it does start to affect the creative process. It's difficult to keep track of projects, or actually finish them, if you spend half of your limited crafting time looking for supplies or figuring out what you're supposed to be doing next. I decided to do what any reasonable adult would do...burn it all and start again. Then I remembered that I may not easily find some of the fabric ranges in my stash so I begrudgingly took the next best option...clean up and get organised. 

Each week I will share with you my progress in this somewhat daunting task. It might simply be some photos, or some cool ideas for organising knick-knacks. I will also hunt down some of my more organised blogging friends to share their own hints and tips on keeping your craft space neat and tidy. 

Here are a few before shots of my craft room. The ones I'm actually willing to share. 

I'll start with the good....
Nicely organised fat quarters
Scraps neatly sorted by colour...when I bother to actually put them away
...and move straight on to the ugly.
Ummm....yeah
As you can see, I have a bit of work ahead of me. It's not just about tidying up. It's about being organised and motivated with my projects. I have set the rule that I'm not to spend too much money. Mainly because I don't have any hahaha, but also because it raises the enjoyment factor if it becomes a crafty activity in itself. I'm already thinking of ways to pretty up those nappy boxes and would love some suggestions. 

I hope you enjoy following my Great Craft Room Cleanup. Maybe you'll even see this as motivation to organise your own space, or share some hints and tips. I'd love to hear your ideas on my Facebook page.

5 comments:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    carpet steam cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Surry hills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. نحن من افضل الشركات التى تقدم خدمة التنظيف فى الكويت وفى خدمتكم فى اى وقت تعرف علينا اكثر من خلال مواقعنا التى تقدم خدمة التنظيف
      رقم شركة تنظيف
      رقم شركة تنظيف
      شركة تنظيف بالكويت
      شركة تنظيف بالكويت

      Delete
  2. Hey Rachael, you have shared some really great ideas to celanup my room. Thanks.

    Alshreakane United

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachael, You should clean your room. If you cann't contact us: “House Clean Kuwait”

    ReplyDelete
  4. نحن من افضل الشركات التى تقدم خدمة التنظيف فى الكويت وفى خدمتكم فى اى وقت تعرف علينا اكثر من خلال مواقعنا التى تقدم خدمة التنظيف
    رقم شركة تنظيف
    رقم شركة تنظيف
    شركة تنظيف بالكويت
    شركة تنظيف بالكويت

    ReplyDelete