Monday 25 August 2014

Strawberry Fields Forever

During a recent stalking session of fellow Aussie bloggers (how do you spend your weekend?) I stumbled upon Skyberries Handmade. I was awash in a sea of cuteness with a tutorial for making a strawberry quilt block. I knew immediately that I would be spending this weekend picking sewing strawberries.
Strawberry quilt blocks
Strawberry quilt blocks.
I love that I could use scraps, charm squares and mini charms for this project. I even used a spare jelly roll strip for the white blocks.
Leftovers from previous projects
Leftovers from previous projects.
All chopped up and ready to sew.
All chopped up and ready to sew.
Even the offcuts are adorable!!!
Even the offcuts are cute!!!
These went together surprisingly quickly. Even with proper pressing and trimming the half square triangles to size. Tell me I'm not the only one that sometimes bypasses this step...and nearly always regrets it?
Red Strawberry
I only intended on making the one red strawberry...
Pink Strawberry
...but ended up with a pink one as well.
I seriously love how these blocks turned out. In fact, I think I'll be making a few more. I'm sure Pepper won't mind sleeping wrapped up in a quilt full of strawberries.
Adorable strawberry quilt blocks
Aren't they adorable?
Please share the love and check out Skyberries Handmade. I can't wait to see what other wonderful goodies Bec delivers.

4 comments:

  1. How adorable!!! Great idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the cutest little quilt blocks? I really hope to find the time to turn them into a quilt or something.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love these blocks....easy and well......who could live without strawberries.........keep it up........thanks too for sharing. I'm in sunny south Florida.......gloria g.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic? I still haven't decided what I'm going to make with them but you can be sure there'll be plenty more made hahahaha

      Delete