Thursday 29 August 2013

Peek-a-boo Number Book

I love cot quilt panels. They're always so cute and are great if you're after a quick and easy project. The problem is, I keep buying them. I've made a few for my daughter, but, there are only so many cot quilts an Aussie girl needs.

This panel, in particular, caught my eye. I love how bright and fun it is. Plus, my daughter loves counting, so I knew she'd get a kick out of it.


Straight away I was reminded of pages in a book and realised I had found another use for these adorable characters.

First of all, I ironed a light-weight interfacing to the back of the panel. This was just to give the pages a little extra stability in preparation for the toddler lovin' they were about to receive.

I then cut out each page.


It turns out they weren't actually printed straight or equal in size, but that's OK. I think a little wonkiness adds character.

Next I attached a peek-a-boo flap over each number, just for a bit of fun.



Finally, I joined the pages, back to back and bound the spine with bias binding.



You could, of course, do this with any fabric and make it even fancier by attaching ribbon, lace trim or any other bells and whistles. I was just after something quick and easy though, that could be scrunched into my handbag as emergency entertainment.

Now to refrain from waking her to see if she likes it...

No comments:

Post a Comment