Wednesday 20 August 2014

6 Reasons Why I Love Pre-cuts

It's no secret that I have a big girl crush on pre-cuts. Here are six reasons why I want to marry them and have lots of little pre-cut babies (is that where mini charms come from?). 
Pre-cuts
How can you not be saying "aaawwwwwww" right now?
1. I'm lazy. My least favourite part of quilting is cutting the fabric. I nearly always make a mistake and a small part of me dies every time I slice into those beautiful, perfect, pristine yards of my beloved fabric. Pre-cuts is like buying a frozen chicken. Someone else has done all the dirty work.

2. I feel a certain responsibility in keeping this planet safe. All of those wee little bundles, sitting around in the same location, will surely cause the Earth to implode in a giant ball of cuteness. I'm really doing it for you...You're Welcome.

3. I can never decide which fabrics to buy from a range. Pre-cuts let's me buy them all *cue Scrooge McDuck diving into his money vault*.

4. Playing with pre-cuts is like a grown up way of playing with tangrams. How can you not have fun trying to make interesting shapes out of boring old squares or strips? Sometimes, I even feel a little bit like MacGyver. "Ooo look. I made a panda using nothing more than 5'' squares and a paperclip."

5. I really like being able to just 'whip up a quilt'. I'm particularly fond of the part where people tell me how awesomely talented I am. If only they knew (I sure hope they're not reading this).

6. They make my stash look awesome. Need I say more?

Are you a pre-cut lover or a hater?

No comments:

Post a Comment